Tips & Guidance for your pitch
- Your company is less than 5 years old
- Your company produces a product or software
- You have two or more founders (why)
- You should have at least a prototype of what your are planning to introduce
- You need to use the PPT template we provide below to merge all decks
- You need to be on Twitter and feature your pitch ahead of time
- Your website needs to be up and running and in English
- If you are still at idea stage, join us to learn from others, and pitch next time
Audience – who you will present to
- Entrepreneurs, Business Angels, Investors and guests.
- You will present in English*
Apply to pitch at Startup Night
- Please use the template below, so we can merge all presentations for a smooth pitch event.
- Please use your own background or background images but do not change the template layout as it will be merged with all other pitch decks
- All text, text location and text style is just a placeholder – do your own
- Use your own images
- Remove the first two pages
- Just do not change the base template setting
When you present
- You have 3 minutes to present.
- Please don’t use more than 7 slides (including cover and finish)
- No demo no technical details please
- Focus on the BUSINESS side of your company
- Presentation needs to be in English*
Winning the pitch night contest
The best startup wins
- A judges board of entrepreneurs and investors will vote. But also the audience and your network counts
- Ask your friends, beta users, supporters to vote for you
- We will give you access to our buzz technology to steer up some noise and spread the word !!!
1) All investors / judges will vote
- This represent the financial world helping startups grow
2) Everybody in the audience will vote
- This represents the market and your networking power – how many people can you mobilize
3) The number of buzz advocates count
- This represent your marketing skills – how many people can you motivate to engage and support you
* Why English?
- Our audience is international and as such all events are conducted in English
- Your success depends on being International right from the start
- More than 1 billion business people speak English – only a small fraction speaks any other language incl. Chinese and Spanish